February 3 @ 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
Join Houston DSA on the Light Rail to support the Starbucks Workers forming a union at Cambridge and Fannin! This is the second Starbucks store in Houston to go public with their plans to unionize with Starbucks Workers United and we want to show our full support!
The Starbucks location at 6400 Fannin Street [map] is in the Medical Center, where parking is complicated and expensive, and the store is a pick up only location with no seating. To make this as easy as possible, we will be riding in together on the light rail from the Moody Park light rail stop at 3725 Fulton, departing at 9am to arrive at 9:30am. Light rail fare is $1.25 and is good for 3 hours. (You are welcome to get to the store from another location, just try to arrive at 9:30am)
Guidelines for the sip-in:
- Wear your best union drip!
- Order drinks (preferably simple ones) inside the store.
- Use the name “UNION STRONG” or “UNION YES” for your order
- Tip well! (with cash or card)
- Congratulate the staff of their efforts to organize!
- Post your support online with with #UnionStrong and @SBWU_Houston