708 Telephone Rd
Please join us this Sunday for the Houston DSA Racial Justice Working Group. We’ll continue to strategize and discuss ways of building power. Among the items on our agenda:
• Updates on the migrant detention visitation program, including an update from a member on a hearing accompaniment.
• Thanks to our friend’s at LaUnidad11, we will be writing Valentine’s Day cards for migrant detainees as a show of solidarity and to demonstrate that people are still thinking about them.
• While we’re still in the writing mood, Carlos and Sandra will be presenting us postcards to sign in support of defunding the border wall that is actively threatening to devastate border communities, farms, wildlife reserves, and landmarks.
• Damaris Gonzalez from United We Dream will be speaking to us about UWD Houston’s plans locally and what they will be lobbying for in the lege this session.
• An update on the Sugar Land Imperial 95 with the recent developments from the Fort Bend County DA’s recommendation to FBISD and the MLK event. Updates will come soon from the Fort Bend ISD Subcommittees on their next steps.
• And finally, as we’re beginning to amend our bylaws and revisiting our chapter platforms on a range of issues, we will continue our discussion about our long-term and short-term goals for this working group.
We welcome everyone interested in racial justice, from allies to accomplices, so come out and help us organize for power and justice!