708 Telephone Rd Ste E
Please join us this Sunday for the Houston DSA Racial Justice Working Group. We’ll continue to strategize and discuss ways of building power. Among the items on our agenda:
• Updates on the migrant detention visitation program, including an update from a member on a hearing accompaniment and our plans for tabling in solidarity with visitors.
• An update on the ongoing migrant caravan and efforts to help.
• On December 16, Houston DSA will proudly host a Decolonization workshop with La Raza for Liberation as part of the #LaRazaForLiberationTour. Our co-chair Sandra will provide us with details of what to expect and what you could help us in.
• Subcommittees were formed to address the Imperial 95, members will provide updates on a community meeting that took place on Dec. 5th as well as an update on the Fort Bend ISD subcommittee.
• Member Hannah will give us a summary of their experience at Mijente’s Lánzate! event that was hosted in San Antonio this past weekend.
• Discussion on our next hosted event with Street Medics and how we could raise money.
• As we begin our letter writing campaign, we will explore other upcoming opportunities to write letters before we start a new partnership alongside our comrades from the Queer and Trans WG.
• In our efforts to boycott Wendy’s, we will continue our letter writing skills to send postcards to Wendy’s CEO to show our commitment to the Fair Food Program. As well as an update from our co-chair William on his experience meeting with FFP partners. Swag included.
• And finally, an update from our co-chair Will on our outing to the new exhibit at the Contemporary Arts Museum, Walls Turned Sideways.
We welcome everyone interested in racial justice, from allies to accomplices, so come out and help us organize for power and justice!